Thursday, September 9, 2010

State of the Rowhouse

It's coming up on 3 years since we've owned the house and I have to say I thought we'd be done by now. But, it seems it's never done. I've learned the hard way that living in a house and trying to renovate it at the same time is a huge task. Your life is spotted with construction dust, and projects seem like they are never finished.

In the next 6 months I'd like to wrap up the following:

 - remodel the upstairs bathrooms
 - re-paint the downstairs bathroom
 - finish painting the living room (hopefully install a bar...)
 - finish painting the fence
 - new wood/railings for the deck
 - landscaping

I know I'm missing things . . . there seems to be an endless list in my head. This weekend, landscaping should start. The front yard is looking a tad lame pretty disgusting and it needs to be tended to. I have about 9,567 decorating projects in my head, but those don't seem as important as say finally painting the walls in our living room.

All in good time. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well compared to what you've done so far you don't have that much left to do! I can't wait to see what you do for your bathroom remodels. We're starting ours next year. This year we've been doing a lot of landscaping in the front (where is matters the most I figure). Keep up the good work!

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many