Thursday, July 14, 2011


So, the deck is done. I'll update you later on that. But first, let's talk about what happens when you drop a 4"x4" post on your foot.

After ignoring it for weeks (and not being able to fit it in a shoe), I finally went to the doc who informed me I had a "deep bone bruise" after checking to make sure it wasn't broken. Now, I'm stuck with this tape wrap for the next five days and a month of anti-inflammatory meds.

Maybe I should just re-name the blog to DC Rowhouse Injuries. Sheesh.


kristin said...

Ow! Well at least you have an excuse to keep you feet up and request ice tea be bought to you....

NV said...

Grief! I think we may have been separated at birth ... ;-) GET BETTER!

Cassy said...

Ouch! Hope you're feeling better now.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many