Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Delivery?!

I already knew wood swelled and shrank with the weather, so it made sense when our wood guy told us it needed to sit in the house for a few day. Great, fine. But, this means that we are going to have a mountain of wood in our house, then we have to move all the furniture down to the first floor. So... looks like we will be sleeping in the kitchen. I already am going to have to shower at work, because we will have no way to get to the upstairs bathrooms, at least once they start the staining. It's either that or we try to use the kitchen faucet sprayer. Good times. . .
Thank goodness I am heading out on a business trip for one night. Dan will have to struggle with the tower of crap.
We are staining the floor "Antique Brown" (this picture is not a good representation):

This past weekend I also finished removing the doorway in our bedroom, now all I need to do it plaster and paint. It turns out, choosing a paint color is not all that easy. I headed down to Benjamin Moore on Saturday and left with 12 paint samples. Then I just left them in the bag because I had no more energy to debate with myself over 36 shades of grey or beige. When you see a sign that says "We have over 500 shades of white!", what does that mean to you? Oh, goody? Or, oh shit. I am the latter. Not fun. I was about to scream if I had to look at another microscopic difference between "heavenly clouds" and "down feather delight". Blech.

On another note, I finally bought a decent bed for guests to slept on - instead of our futon circa 2000. Sorry guys! Even my poor Mom has braved a night or two on that futon. No more. That baby went up on craigslist and should be hauled away tonight. Peace. Goodbye. Adios. Hasta Luego.

Since I was ordering things, I added on a patio set for our backyard. It is WAY more stuff that we need, but we can break it up into a table set and a conversation set. It should be fun to actually use our yard, which hopefully will be nice and renovated soon. Ahhh . . . margaritas, dining al fresco, stars, police sirens, and vagrants . . the joys of summer in the city.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many