Monday, December 31, 2007

Gutters Smutters

When we had our home inspection, Lou (the inspector) told us our gutters were all clogged and pulling away from the house. Hmmm... not cool. Also, some water has been leaking into our tenants place (the lower level) and we determined this was due to rain sheeting down the wall and into his door frame. We had to get the gutters cleaned.

Could I do this myself? Sure. But, Lou mentioned a few things. . .the main one involving standing on the roof with a pretty high probability of falling off.....three stories. Was I comfortable being on the roof?, he asked. No. But, I was willing to try it. First thing. . .I had to get a ladder. Off to Lowe's I went. It turns out that ladders are pretty expensive, and along with the harness to secure myself to the roof (kidding) - not worth the effort. Also, my grandmother said "What are you and IDIOT" when I told her about this. Alas. . .we hired someone.

They came by today. And left four minutes later, and we were 100 dollars poorer. Next spring....its harness time!

1 comment:

CrysCrosby said...

You're so brave to even think about attempting that! We've got a one-story home (relatively low overhangs) and we were too lazy to bother. Can you have no-clog gutters installed? Thats what we did, totally worth it...omits one more possible thing to procrastinate!

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many