Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Back. . .early

Well, I thought I was going to take the month of August off when I found myself working on the house this past weekend. What's a gal to do? Blog about it of course! During my vacation I visited a couple salvage shops and I have lots of pictures to post, there has also been some progress on the front of the house, and there should be grass in the backyard in two weeks!

September is going to be the month where I finish up all the half-finished projects and then can move on the big guy . . . the downstairs work. New kitchen, refinished floors, finishing the fireplace, add trim to the windows, re-wire some electrical, hid all the phone/cable cords, make sure the phone/cable work, blah blah blah. Not sure when we will actually get to that.

One of the half-done projects is the backyard. We need to replace the deck boards and railings. We already have the day scheduled to put the sod in so really the deck is the last step. But, I am sure we will stain/paint at some point too.

So, lots of pictures to come the rest of the week!

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many