Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Could be worst injury yet. . .

Everyday I hate the kitchen more. Last night was the final straw. It assaulted me. See, we have this wood border running around the outside of the counter. Check it out in this picture (taken on move-in day):

In a freak turn of events while loading the dishwasher, I hit my pointer finger on this wooden border (from now on referred to as "devil's rail"). I felt a bizarre amount of pain . . . and odd pressure. I looked down. I had somehow jammed a hunk of wood under my fingernail. Essentially inflicting a movie-style torture situation (bamboo under nails). I cannot describe how uncomfortable this is. And by is, I mean I couldn't get it all out. I cut as much of my nail back as possible and I still cannot get out the last splinter. Now, I know your probably squeamish reading this but take it to the next level by imagining typing. It's . . . unpleasant.

Later tonight I'll have to try some more home surgery on it. Always a good idea, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get some epsom salts and dissolve them in warm water....
soak your finger and the splinter might draw out enough for you to grab it with your tweezers.
Walgreen's has the salts.

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many