Thursday, November 12, 2009

Look a likes

I just came back from a work conference in Boston (which explains the lack of posts), and one evening I strolled Newbury street stopping in the fabulous shops along the way. I stumbled across Jonathan Adler's shop (he has a shop? Oh yes hunny, he does). Most of it was way too modern for my house, and it was all way too expensive, but I loved every minute of being in that store.

My favorite item was the bronze place card holders. In the store (as online) the held cards with the names of Brangelina's kids. It made me giggle and loved them even more for it. Alas, their price of $28 smackaroos a piece made them stay in the store.



When I got back home to DC Rowhouse, a pile of Holiday catalogues awaited me. I spotted something familiar:


It seems West Elm has taken a liking to the bronze modern animals as well. These bookends run $26 bucks a piece. Of course, I want them all but I'm not quite sure DC Rowhouse is the right habitat...

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many