Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SATC2: Carrie & Big's Apartment

A friend of mine said to me: "That movie made me feel bad about my life". While I can't say I felt the same way . . . I was drooling over everything in Carrie and Big's apartment. The decor is like a good record. At first it's just "meh", but after the second or third listen/look you just can't get enough. What I really loved, was that living room!
Oh, the rug!




But, alas, that rug costs an arm . . .and a leg! Then, my mind wandered to an article about Ali Wentworth and George Stephanopoulos' Georgetown home. . .and specifically THIER living room rug. Here it is:
 

The funny thing about this rug . . .she painted it herself! So, why couldn't anyone do that to create the look of the Marni Candy Rug that so wonderfully graces the floor in Carrie's apartment?

1 comment:

Melissa at HOUSEography said...

Planning to see the movie this weekend or next (whenever I can convince hubby that it's worth a sitter), but I loved their empty apart in the original movie so I cannot wait to see it decorated! Thanks for the post!

Melissa
http://www.houseography.net

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many