Friday, May 30, 2008

It must be nice

Being in the construction/contracting business must be great. You can just not show up to work one day and the person who you are working for pretty much just has to deal with it or loose their dough. Some days, our fireplace guy just doesn't show up. Which is really annoying since the project was suppose to be done by today and I seriously doubt it is going to be complete when I get home.

Let this be a lesson to me. So, in the next phase (backyard) we are having a time frame written into the contract. Because preparing for someone to come and then realizing they are not going to can be really aggravating. Especially if you don't want to live in a sawdust filled house with spackling as your artwork. To each his own, yes?

This weekend I get to play with a tiller to rip up the "grass" in my backyard and begin to demo the planters. Hopefully it will not take forever to do since we only have one good day of weather ahead of us (Saturday is suppose to rain).

The good news is that we can go to Home Depot and get lots of toys. My credit card gave me a $150 gift card to Home Depot as part of my rewards. Ah, they know me too well. OK, I got to choose the store. I also have a buy one get one shrub free coupon so maybe I can actual turn our front yard into a landscaped haven instead of a place for neighborhood punks to toss their Cheetos bags and Pepsi bottles. Oh, and recently someone "hid" a bike pump in the ivy wall in the front. Nice try losers. We totally found it and . . . we gently put it on the street for someone to pick it up. We're so bad ass.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many