Thursday, May 29, 2008

Still going. . .

It is a great feeling when you start to see your vision coming to a reality. The fireplace is finally at the stage where I can begin to see the final product:


That said, it is a bad feeling knowing that this (like many projects) will have many months to go before I see the "final" completion. For the fireplace that means the wood floor surrounding it. While the previous design had the base surrounded in tile, we will be adding wood floor to the sides and laying a marble slab in the front. I may try to do the wood fill-in myself. Well, I will try it. If I mess up, we can always call in the professionals.

We moved the dressers upstairs and they look great! I would post pictures, but it would show an embarrassing mess of a situation. See, the dressers were really really heavy. In fact, they each weighed 132lbs. Hauling those puppies up a flight of stairs was not an easy task. After the first one I had to take a break as my arm muscles were actually shaking. Once they were in our room, I simply slid over the plastic bins to put them in their place. Now, we have a lot of stuff in our room. What's new, right? Maybe by tonight I will have the energy to transfer my clothes into the new dresser and make our room actually presentable.

2 comments:

Bruce said...

I stumbled onto your site by way of DCblogs and I have to say that I am addicted to checking in on the progress. So far so good!

Benny said...

Hey Bruce! Thanks for stopping by!

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many