Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's like living in a lumber yard

Here is a picture of the new door and glass:


Exciting, isn't it? I still have to paint the back of the door and clean up the front, so I will post new pictures once that has been done.

The house is back to being a construction zone and the special corner of the house is fantastically cluttered once again. There are oodles of posts and beams which will magically form into a fantastic fireplace. And, by magic, I mean handiwork. The zone:

The tiles have been removed from the fireplace, leaving us with this:
The main problem here is that we will have to uproot the plywood base to fill in the floor and install the marble slab. Yup, marble baby. We originally were going to do regular tile, then I saw a nice granite slab, then . . .marble. Hey, why not? Oh, because it is really expensive? Good, reason. But I waaaannnntttt it. So, we're getting it! Yipee! This project seems like it is taking forever, so maybe if I order the marble now, I will have it by the time we are ready to start a fire in November.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many