Friday, November 21, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes...

Back in March I listed the "phases" of work to be done. Let's see where I am 8 months later. Here is the list with items completed crossed off:

Phase 1: hardwood floor upstairs, new front door, install stained glass house numbers, paint house exterior, new exterior lighting, new mailboxes installed, phone and cable jacks.

Phase 2: re-frame the fireplace, fix hardwood floors, paint interior, washer/dryer closet repair to fit unit, lights in dining room

Phase 3: Kitchen remodel, refinish hardwood downstairs

Phase 4: Exterior landscaping, fence replacement, deck repair, patio correction/replacement, front fence upgrade

Phase 5: Hall & Master bathroom remodeling

It seems there has been a lot of skipping around. That said, only two more items until "phase 1" is done! I think realistically, it would be great to get the rest of the items done in 2009. Which would mean it took 2 years to renovate the house. Oh. Dear. God. Back in December 2007, when we bought the house, I thought a year of hard work would really do the trick. Wrong! The planning and prep and making the projects are done in the right sequence is really the hardest process. Researching how and where to spend your money takes such a long time! It sure does feel good to see all those items crossed off though!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You've gotten a lot done... and you'll get even more done next year!

We've been in our house for 4 years... you can't tell by looking at it, as ennui set it pretty fast, and we're just now catching up.

Anonymous said...

I like your attitude. Seem organised and articulate. Good for you. I'm like that sometimes, until I lose my list and end up watching football.

I feel sorry for my wife sometimes. Just sometimes.

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many