Thursday, November 6, 2008

I know... it's been awhile.

I am still working on adjusting my camera to take some great shots of all the work we have been doing at casa DC Rowhouse. Though, I have to admit, the last few weeks have been extremely busy with... work. Like real work that I get paid for. It's always getting in the way.

One thing that makes DC Rowhouse so special is that it is in DC. Not, in the outlying area, smack dab in the district. Thus, making this Tuesday an extra snazzy day for me and my neighbors. Standing in line to vote so close to the capitol building and white house (to name two) was a great feeling. Trying to go to bed at a reasonable hour however, was not. I watched the election results until 10:30 and then headed off to bed. At that time, it looked like Obama was going to win and I just wanted to find out in the morning instead of biting all my fingernails off while watching county by county results come in from say . . . Virginia. With the cats keeping me company (Dan was still at work) I settled into bed. I couldn't sleep. I had too much energy from the day. So, I began doing what I always to before going to bed - mapping out my dream house building plans. 11pm - still wide awake. 11:15pm - all hell breaks loose outside. Fireworks shooting, horns honking, people screaming running outside and down the streets screaming. Since 93% of the district voted for Obama, I knew at that point they had called it. Running to the window as the cats dove under the bed for cover from all the noise I saw fireworks and tears of joy from neighbors. It was great. Until the next day when Dan called me at work:



Dan: Hey, do you think you can grab the paper when you see one?

Me: OK, you didn't get one.

Dan: Nope, all sold out.

Me: Oh, crap.

Dan: What?

Me: You know how we canceled the paper to only Sundays a couple months ago, but they were still giving it to us everyday?

Dan: Yeah. . .

Me: Well, they called last week and I told them to stop giving it to us because we don't read it all the time and it is wasteful.

Dan: Oh. So, we could've had the paper this morning on our door instead of running to every store in town.

Me: Yup.

Dan: Crap.



So, we didn't get a paper. That sucks. Wanna give me yours?

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many