Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Fireplace Tile



I ordered (and received!) marble tile for in front of the fireplace. For now, it's just sitting on top of the plywood where the old tile was removed - but hey, it's a little progress. I was originally going to go with a white carerra marble, but after looking at it it seemed a little cold next to the warm walls and the new hardwood color we have choose. But, of the four tiles I ordered, I have two colors. One darker then the other. So, I either have to send them back, or order new ones. Either way, not so pleased. But, the looks pretty good lined up so far. I would show you a pictures, but my camera is being a huge jerk. If it doesn't shape up I will dip it in water - see how it likes that! Or, maybe not.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many