Monday, January 5, 2009

Metal + Microwave

After year of use our microwave suddenly sparked and then emitted a familiar smell. Fire. After stopping it, and unplugging it, it was clear the enamel had worn off the sides and thus was equivalent to placing metal in the microwave. A no-no. It reminded me of all the EZ Bake Oven recalls when people feared they were going to set fires etc. After the "incident" I was a little scared of my microwave.

The good news is that I was able to fix it (more on that in a later post). The bad news is that we were without a microwave for a few days. This was not something I was prepared to deal with. I had no idea how often I used the microwave. Try the following without a microwave: heating up leftovers, warming your coffee after adding too much cold milk, defrosting something quickly. You get the idea. Needless to say, after a few days of heating leftovers in the oven and mornings with cold coffee the microwave has been restored.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many