Monday, January 19, 2009

OBAMA CAME OVER!!!!!!!!!!

This morning (well, 11:30ish), I left the house to drop Dan and our friend Pat off at the train station to head downtown. On the way out we noticed there was a van blocking our street and a news truck nearby. We assumed it was about the traffic and continued on our way. I was suppose to continue on to run errands but came back to the house as I forgot something. As I stepped out of the car I heard chanting of some kind, or yelling. I went into the house, grabbed a camera and went out the front to see what the excitement was. As I opened the door I saw the street was filled with vans, cop cars, and an ambulance. I first thought it was something terrible happening and felt terrible I was taking my camera.

I approached the crowd and asked the closest person what was happening. She told me, "Obama's in there" and pointed to the large United Way house on the corner. I almost peed my pants. I had stood hours in the cold to hear him talk yesterday and here he was, 50 feet away. No way. I saw the amount of secret service and thought it could be true, but deep down expected Biden to walk out. After 25 minutes of waiting. . . Barack Obama, our new President (as of tomorrow), came out of the building smiling and waving. I could not believe it. I was almost too much to focus on taking pictures.

Here are the mediocre pictures I was able to get (they are in reverse order):














7 comments:

Living the life in The Little City said...

Lucky, lucky you!

I'm across the river in Virginia and I'm thrilled about the inauguration and the new administration.

Unknown said...

Way cool!

MB by Brigid said...

ummmmm, only the coolest thing ever!!!!! lucky girl!

Benny said...

Yes, I do feel very lucky. It was so amazing to see him so close and not have to wait in the cold for hours and hours. It will be a good memory to keep.

Anonymous said...

Is this on the Hill on Maryland Ave?

Benny said...

Hi Sarah,

Sure is!

Admin said...

Oh.
My.
Gawd.
Wow!

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many