Now that the kitchen is done and I look back at the process, I have to admit...I messed some stuff up. Here's my list of offenders:
- I would have chosen white grout. I know, it looks great with the gray, but it also shows every little imperfection.
- I would not have planned a vacation on the idea things would have been completed. It made the vacation not as relaxing and coming back home was no picnic either.
- I would have put a note in the contract that the workers needed to arrive on consecutive days. They was a lot of 3 days weeks which made things drag out longer.
- I would have packed up the kitchen and organized the house better before we began. I'm still unpacking and arranging and dealing with stuff. It stinks. I should have been more organized.
- I would have hired painters. Yeah, I know this saved us a lot of dough - but it also cost us a lot of time. Oh, and I'm lazy. When I am home from work, the only thing I want to worry about getting on the couch is crumbs, not paint.
I'm sure I could go on . . . I'm sure in 6 months I'll have a whole other lot of regrets.
Damien Hirst Opens His Own Gallery — Design News
34 minutes ago