Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just another day of renovating

Yesterday, I finally got back to working on the side of the stairs. I've been back and forth on this project for oh. . . almost two years now. TWO YEARS! I thought back in December of 2007, that this little reno project would all take a year and I would sitting back and sipping martinis in my new-shiny-not-covered-in-construction-dust house. I'll admit it. . . I was wrong. So young, so joyful, so stupid.

Anyway, last night (after I spent about 20 minutes caulking the side of the stairs in an attempt to FINALLY finish the damn project and get on with other ones) I was heaping ice cream into a bowl and I looked down at a white glob on my finger.
Is it ice cream? Or caulking? . . . Do I lick it? Would it kill me if it wasn't ice cream? OMG, what if it's glue? Did I just get glue into my ice cream?
In the end, I licked it. . . it was ice cream.
And, the stairs are not done yet.


Kathy's Klothesline said...

Take it from me, caulking does not taste good..... but it won't kill you.......

Catrina Poulson said...

We are working on our stairs too, and I think it might take just as long! I don't know what it is, but it's like a mental block with those darn stairs and spindles.

Cyndy said...

Nice newel post! We are definitely saving our stairs for last. Everything else first - stairs last. Good luck with your project.

NV said...

OK. The icecream thing made me belly laugh! And yeah. Just like that kitchen I was going to finish by Aug. 31 – or move. Uh-huh.

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

HAHAHA!! I say, have the martinis anyway! And ice cream, of course :)

Holyoke Home said...

Some days it KILLS that projects take so long. Seriously. If I don't finish caulking the bathroom floor, I am going to have to start flogging myself.

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many