Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lawn Bowling

My husband Dan's birthday was on Monday. One of his gifts from me was this amazing Smith & Hawken lawn bowling set. I felt a little guilty buying it. Mainly, because I wanted it form myself. But, that's a bonus of marriage (what's mine is yours and yours is mine, right?). I gave to him saying, "I saw this and thought YOU would love it", all the while trying to restrain from ripping into the package.

With the dimensions of our yard it seemed like the perfect idea, and it worked out perfectly! At our BBQ last Friday evening (thankfully it occurred during the only 5 rainless hours we have had recently) it was enjoyed by young and . . . a little older.

Last year we had the grass put down at the end of the summer so having it all set to go this year has really added a lot - it's like having another room outside!

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many