Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What the Tweet?


A few weeks ago I bought an Iphone. I can honestly say it has changed my life. I'm not quite sure it is wholly for the better - but it has shaken things up over here at DC Rowhouse. The continued use of the Internet, ability to find ANYTHING, and let's not forget the level feature on the phone (though I have no idea why that would be necessary or a good idea for people - like me - who are not exactly graceful with tools). Well, you get the point.


In my quest for modernization I began to think about Twitter. My realization is that I have no idea what it is. I just don't get it. While I understand having a constant stream of "texts" from CNN would be beneficial, I'm just not sure what Twitter can provide that say, Facebook, cannot.
I suppose, it would be pretty awesome for my kitchen contractor to "tweet" me with updates throughout the day:
"Fridge cabinet is in"
"Corner cabinet is up"
"Broke water pipe"
But, then again, what can't wait until I get home? Well, maybe the water pipe.

3 comments:

Chad Chandler said...

I just ran across your site via the home improvement blogroll. I thought you might like this post of mine from earlier today.

What area of DC are you in?

Benny said...

Hey Chad,

I just love those planter boxes you made! Wow! They are really amazing!

How did you cut out the circle on top? Using a jigsaw?

I may have to make one of these for our house . . .

B

Chad Chandler said...

Yes, I used an old jigsaw from the 1970's. I have a newer one, but it doesn't seem to have the raw power that the old ones have.

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many