Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Where did the summer go?

I know September started last week, but I was in denial. Since we were headed to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for the weekend it still seemed like summer. But, the day after labor day. . . that means summer is over.

We got home last night and my first thought was, "we have to mow this scraggly lawn". But, alas, since our mower was stolen, that will have to wait.

The end of summer is bringing about all the projects yet to be done that the summer sun makes it too hot for. Plantings, painting, and outside work are all on my list. . .

2 comments:

NV said...

The Outer Banks … sigh. Spent one of the best weeks of my life there. Awesome place.

I feel like you do. Summer is getting away all too quickly. And it’s funny that you mention mowing, though not funny that your mower was stolen. The only upside to the advent of cold weather: No lawn maintenance! (And my mower just died. D*mmit!)

Benny said...

NV,

The Outer Banks our lovely, though I could have skipped the 13 hours in the car. . .

B

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many