Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A bird in the hand


I know, I haven't been posting that much lately. Life at DC Rowhouse has been a little chaotic.

First, we had the snowstorm to deal with. Scratch that, snowstorms. . .plural.  Then, a sparrow snuck it's way into the house. More on that later. Follow that up with a whopper of a flat tire and the news we needed 4 new ones. . .and you can see why the wind has been removed from my sails, and the cash from our savings.

I think I'm making some progress on plans for the upstairs. Choosing a sink for a closet-size bathroom is more time consuming than I thought. So, hang in there. . .I promise good things on the horizon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same issue, but the good folks up at Fergusson on Bladensburg Rd. (right at the MD line) were very helpful and I ended up getting a 11 3/8" x 11 3/8" sink for my tiny half bath.

Hope that helps!

Anne said...

We had very good luck finding small, stylish options w/the company Ronbow: http://www.ronbow.com/

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many