Thursday, March 13, 2008

Buy Buy BUY

Home renovations is a combination of all my favorite things: new stuff, shopping, decorating, and breaking things. Glorious! Anyway... I am putting up two new lights in our dining/living area, instead of the recessed lights we have now. I have spent countless agonizing hours deciding which light to put where, how to set up the space and what will go where. This is what I have come up with:

This part of the space will become our "dining room". I have drawn where the light will go (we are having it moved over and it will not swag) and also added a link to picture of the light we are getting. I give myself and "A" for effort with this drawing, although it looks like a gross spider:



This is the light we hope to put there (I could not paste a picture for some reason): http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1240&f=25442


Now, for the other half of the room. This is going to be the "living room" and I will put this light:





Here (this one I get an B for effort and an F for beauty):




The bad news is that both of these lights will be on the same switch unless we really get crazy and re-wire one of them. Perhaps this is an option. Perhaps not. We shall see. Until then I will wait for my lights to come in and clutter up my house. Yippee!

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many