Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kitchen Inspiration

Since I cannot begin renovating my kitchen just yet, I will post some pictures of what I hope it will look like. The basic idea is: white shaker cabinets (double stacked to the ceiling), black granite counters, vintage latches for cabinets, farmhouse (apron) sink, white subway tile back splash with gray grout, wood floors, and schoolhouse light fixtures. We will also be moving the sink from the corner it is in now to under the cabinet where my green bag is.

Here is what my kitchen looks like now (or how it did 5 seconds after we opened the door for the first time):





Below are the inspiration photos I found:


This guy follows recipes very closely. . .
I wish marble counters did not get stained so much, I love them.


See? This lady looks happy . . .







2 comments:

POPZ said...

So, where are the pictures from the demo that you did last weekend?
Did you need to update you rinjury report, also?


POPZ

Nichole said...

I love the white tile backsplash in one of the first few pictures...and the farmhouse sink too. I love the look of those sinks, but I think I would bee too dangerous with one. I'm sure i'd be breaking dishes all over the place!

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many