Thursday, March 27, 2008

Let the games begin

In two weeks we should have our hardwood floors installed upstairs! Then, a week from that, the house painted (exterior). Then, a week from that, some interior painting done.
Perhaps by then I will actually have ordered some "real" dressers for us. When we moved from NYC, where my clothes were stored in the closet in the living room, we did not want to buy furniture until we knew we would be staying put for a while. Once that was decided, we wanted to wait to get the hardwood installed. This morning, as I pulled my tights from a plastic bin, I almost lost it. I was all "seriously, can I have a real dresser". Dan's reply "oh, is that what you want for your birthday?". Yes, please, a dresser for my birthday. Um, no. I just want a dresser so I don't have to stack my plastic bins next to my side of the bed. It's pathetic.
I have 5 appointments with handymen on Saturday and one at 8am on Friday (not fun). I may loose my mind.

I expect in the next six weeks we have the following done: exterior house painted, hardwood floors upstairs, actual working phone lines and cable (um, yeah, we plug our phone in outside right now - not kidding), a new front door, some color on the walls upstairs, and a somewhat accurate timeline to get the kitchen installed.
Alas, a picture of the dresser:



No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many