Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Single Servings



I love single serving products. I like it when I eat at a fancy place for lunch and get one of those special wrapped single serving ketchup containers. Once, I got a ketchup, mayo, and mustard with room service. Seriously. Then I squealed with joy and shoved them into my bag as a "souvenir" while Dan pointed out he may want to use some of it. Too bad buster, enjoy your dry sandwich. I can be really mean about the single serving products. Don't even get me started with the hotel bath products.


Needless to say, when I saw that GE came out with Caulk Singles I was really excited. I wanted to see it closer. I can't tell you how many crappy apartments where I lived and re-caulked the bathroom tub only to throw out half a container (because it doesn't keep well). I mean, who needs it all? I got a free sample (I got it from their website, but it looks like there are only offering t a 25% off coupon now) to check it out. My concern was, how does it work, is there precision to it. You simply tear off the top, which makes it a point, and squeeze using the cardboard pre-scored back of the package. They should show the back part with the cardboard more so people don't think they have to wrangle it out of a Capri-Sun-style pack (because who hasn't squirted juice on themselves from one of those?).

I am sure I will have a project for it soon. I might even be able to use it in Part II of the water fountain. In the meantime I enjoy having its cuteness in my toolbox. (See, I AM a girl!)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It just seems like a massive waste of packaging to me... but then again, I try not to buy ANYTHING individually wrapped. Glad they worked for you.

Benny said...

Ah, yes. This is the problem. A chicken and an egg if you will. Buy one and you have left overs to throw away, buy the other and you have more packaging per ounce. If only the packs were made of corn and disolved in a short time.

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many