Wednesday, September 3, 2008

coming soon to a blog "near" you. . .

One a sunny day, two light fixtures and one doorbell will meet their fate. They will arrive in a new land and take their place at center stage on the DC Rowhouse. That day is September 13th. (I hope you were hearing a deep manly movie-promo-type voice while reading that, I know I was.)



I am a little tentative to actually write down plans with dates. I like the "steps" method. This way, I can really procrastinate and no one is the wiser. Well, not this time (I hope). I ordered the lights and the new doorbell cover. Now I will have to get some mailboxes and I will be ready. Here are the lights I picked out:







And, the new doorbell (which is "suppose" to be oil-rubbed bronze to match the lights):



Picking out those lights took MONTHS. I know, it's like "really", "really it took you months" (btw - I like to put words in your mouth, hope you like it). I saw some I liked at our local large box store and then, poof I started to see that same design everywhere. I was at a loss. I also had to find a light for below the front steps into our tenants place. For real, how DO I do it all! It was quite a pickle finding a set that I liked. Hopefully I still like these by the time September 13th rolls around. . .

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many