Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The architectural salvage warehouse

During our vacation we actually left the house and spent some time in New England. We went to Burlington, VT where I stumbled across the architectural salvage warehouse on a way to dinner and eagerly made plans to visit it the next day. It did not disappoint. I have been to salvage joints where I thought it felt like being in the end scene of the Blair Witch Project (dirty, scary, perhaps a monster lingering). But, this was a totally different feel. It was clean, light and bright.
I am lusting after these glass door knobs and plan to get some for the house:
Seriously, look how tidy this place is:
This chandelier looks like the one we got for the dining room (just a little cooler):
Many of the doors were already stripped, saving a buyer tons of time and work:
My guess is that these are old church kneelers (probably not the correct technical term, just roll with it):
Look for a conversation piece? Look no further:
This piece baffled me! I stared at it for a while before deciding it was an antique dog bath. I mean, what else could it be? Apparently it is a sitz bath (aka: bum soaker):
All in all it was a pretty cool place to visit. I would certainly check it out if you find yourself in Burlington.

**In this photo (from left): Katie, Jeremy, and Dan. They put up with my home improvement cravings when we were on vacation - thanks guys!

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many