Friday, September 12, 2008

Planning . .. and more planning

Dan has been asking to have a work BBQ party for two years. We have yet to do it. But, the plan is under way. Since the weather remains nice into the fall we are planning for an early october bash. The grass should be fully rooted by then and hopefully we will have the deck re-done as well (the plan is to start this weekend - yikes!). In laying out our outdoor space I am creating three areas: a large dinner area (on the patio), a chat set space (on the grass) and a small bistro table (on the deck). This way we can have an outdoor space for all occasions. I still want a hammock and a fire pit, but the space is a little too small and the end result would be a flaming hammock and 55 spaces to sit for the two people who live there. Next house.

Which brings me to my next point. There are so many things I want to incorporate into this house I keep telling myself I can do the ones I don't choose in the "next house". So, I think I should start a "next house" section. All the ideas I can't use now, but will want to save for the future. Hence "Future Plans Friday". Every Friday I will give out some ideas too big or too much for our little rowhouse. This weeks is fire pits:

You can get your standard fire pit:




This one is under $50 from Wal-Mart.

Or, you can really kick it up a level with a built in fire pit like some of the ones Colorado Hearth & Home have. Check them out here.

Either way, it seems pretty fun!

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many