It was pretty confusing walking around IKEA for the first time looking at the kitchen prices. The signs noting the installation prices seemed pretty vague about what exactly that meant. Was it for the cabinets + installation? Just installation? After visiting Lowes, and Home Depot, a price tag of over 3k for cabinet install was no longer sticker shock. In fact, the lowest rate we got for our kitchen (just to hang the cabinets) was $1500. Mind you, our kitchen is about 8 x10. Not big.
Interested in what IKEA charges for their services? I've made a quick list for reference (this is based on the College Park, MD prices):
- Basic cabinet install: $99/per cabinet (but, if you assemble them, it's $69/cabinet)
- Assembly only: $30/cabinet
- Planning Service (they design it for you): $150
- Measurement service: $75
- Countertop installation: $25 per linear foot (this includes 2 cut outs)
- Environmentally friendly appliance removal: $40 per appliance
- Appliance install for 4 appliances: $500
- Install sinks and connecting water supply: $250
- Delivery service: $79 for the first 20 items, $10 for each additional 10 items (one appliance = five items)
What do you think?
13 hours ago