Friday, April 10, 2009

Living in the inbetween


I hate the lag time between projects. The time spent wondering when it will actually begin and how it will turn out in the end.


Ideally, the first floor renovations would begin in June. It will be warm enough to open the windows and air out the sawdust and fumes, but not too hot that I will be melting. In a few weeks I'll start boxing up the kitchen items and cleaning house of a few I no longer need. I may even try and tackle a project or two before this all begins. My weekends are filling up fast and between now and the end of June I have 5 weekends where I can potentially do some work on the house. At least hang the hammock we recently purchased and enjoy some time outside.

The cherry blossoms in DC are almost over and the heat will soon start flooding in to keep us all indoors much more than we would like. By the time fall rolls around I hope to have most of the house done and be underway with tackling some bathroom projects.

It will be nice when all the projects are over, but there are somethings I will miss about it. A few years to recharge and I think we'll be ready for a new project . . .
**photo courtesy of Flickr

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many