Monday, May 18, 2009

Get Home & Garden Magazines for 42 cents and issue!!!




This weekend, in the airport, I did my usual thing and picked up a magazine at the stand for around $5. I read it and enjoyed it, but wondered why I didn't just subscribe and save myself a bundle. You usually see ads for 50% off the retail price if you buy a year's subscription. The other bonus is that is comes in the mail - and who doesn't like to get mail? Who? No one. It's fun, carefree and allows you to spend some quiet time oohing and aahing over the pages.

This morning, I headed over to amazon.com (my go-to online shopping place) and perused the magazine section. I added Country Living and House Beautiful to my cart at $10 a pop for a year, 79% off the newsstand price. Not too shabby. Upon check-out I noticed a $10 credit in my cart. Huh? I was getting TWO magazine for $10 a year. $5 each. So, essentially paying 42 cents for each issue. WOAH! It turns out, they are giving a $5 credit for eligible magazines if you buy a subscription today.

What are you waiting for? Head on over!

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many