Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Blues

I had plans for this weekend. Big plans. Plans that included sealing the fence and perhaps buying a circular saw. Did this happen. NoooooooooOOoooo. Captain Rainshowers has descended upon DC and seems to be enjoying himself - enough to stay through next weekend. Though I did get accomplish all I had planned for Saturday. My day went like this: wake up at 10am, watch TV and eat until 2pm, go back to bed until 5pm, watch TV and eat, back to bed. If you noticed none of this included showering or getting out of my jammies, you would be correct in your observations. I'm ashamed. But, clearly not enough to keep it to myself.


One thing that also did not happen was part taking in the great IKEA Kitchen sale of 2009. Or, so I thought. So, with the "deal" we would save 10% off our kitchen (to get more savings you have to buy the appliances and I'm just not going to go that route). We would then have to haul it all to our storage facility, then haul it back to the house later. It really doesn't seem worth it. But, today I check the IKEA site crossing my fingers that their sales were low and there would be an extension. It was like playing go-fish (Do you have an extension? Got what I wanted!!!!). Anyway, it is now going until May 10th - an additional week. Perhaps we can purchase now and pick up later? I don't know. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many