Thursday, April 1, 2010

More about the Comcast Horrorshow

Last we left off it was Saturday afternoon and another Comcast guy was leaving without doing any work.

I think I should let you know that when I originally made the appointment for this work it was discussed this would be done at an hourly rate of $38 an hour and would probably take 2-3 hours for all the work to be done. Fine. No problem there. An electrician costs about $150 just to come to the house, so this seemed like a cheaper option.

OK, back to the story. So, it's Monday morning and rain is pouring down. Since the line needed to be moved in the back, I was fearing hoping they would cancel and I just go to work and be on my merry way. So, at 8am I called Comcast:

Me: Hi, I'm just checking on my scheduled appointment between 8-11 this morning.


Comcast: OK, one momemt.


Comcast: Ma'am, I don't see an appointment here.

Me: WHAT?!

Comcast: There is no scheduled appointment for today.

Me: So, they are not coming back? I made the appointment with the guy who came out on Saturday so I don't know if it's in the system or not since I didn't call to make it.

Comcast: If there is no scheduled appointment, they don't come out.

Me: Okkkkkaaaaay, what do I do then?

Comcast: I can send an e-mail to the local office and ask them to check on it.

Me: Can't you just call them.

Comcast: No, we can only e-mail and they e-mail us back, and I can call you back. 

Me: They don't have a phone number?

Comcast: No, the local offices only take walk-ins, not calls.

Me: Well, I guess send the e-mail.


I'm sure you're shocked, but no one called me back.  So around 10am I began calling the tech's cell number he gave me - straight to voice mail. Then, I called Comcast back. This time, someone told me the notes on my account said they would be out today but nothing was officially scheduled.  At 10:30am I finally talked to the tech via his cell. He told me he was "getting his equipment together" and would leave for my house in 30 min. That was when he was suppose to be here, at the latest.

So, at 11:20am he arrived. With an annoyed tone he told me he could only do one of the three things I needed done today because of scheduling. The only thing he could do was the one I could have done myself. The two he couldn't" do just happened to be in the pouring rain. At this point, I didn't care.

After about an hour an a half he installed the cable upstairs, pulling it from downstairs through the wall (ie: a wallfish). During this process he stopped several times to ask me either to help him or if I had any of the materials he was "missing" like electrical tape, a flashlight, etc.

The moral of this story is: Comcast DOES do wallfish installations. However, do you yourself a favor and call an electrician if you need to.

1 comment:

ComcastCares1 said...

I apologize for the trouble.

Yes, we do wallfishing but there is an hourly charge for that. I would really like to get more details on your experience.

If you don't mind, will you please email me the phone number linked to your account and a link to this page?

Thanks!

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many