Monday, July 7, 2008

America's Birthday

Being that it was America's birthday and all, we decided to celebrate with a little vacation. However, don't you worry, work was still being done. We just weren't doing any of it. The stairs are done and it was an annoying process. The guys who did it did not take away any of the materials so we are left with a pile of scrap lumber. Is that par for the course? I don't think so. Anyway, he is coming over for the final payment soon, at which time I will discuss that with him.

The fence/patio people did not show Monday as they are "under the weather". Which is fine with me because I didn't want to get up early and go over the job again and discuss the new developments, etc. Also, shelling out dough day after day can get a little overwhelming - I like to space out my check writing.

Pictures to come later. . .

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many