Monday, July 21, 2008

Closet Case

All of our closet doors are those folding hollow doors that run on tracks. Like this:


Except, not really like that because those are nice. My doors have no trim and the metal track above is bent and twisted. Out of five closets, one of the doors works. I think it's time for an upgrade. The plan is to install new double-door styles like this:


In order to do this, I will need to custom fit them myself. The openings for the closets are 48" wide. Which, would be fine if I didn't have to add any trim on the sides. So, I will need to see if I or someone (like the nice people at Lowe's) will cut down the doors for me.


The next step after that is to add some crystal doorknobs! I have picked out these:



I think I am going to go with "Satin nickel" for the color.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many