Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kitchen: Day 15

I allowed myself to sleep in, because frankly I didn't have too much on the agenda. While I had high hopes for painting and assembling, cleaning took precedence. Although I had taken time to sweep, there was construction dust under the cabinets, boxes to be organized and oodles of trash to dispose off. Four large black trash bags were full by the time I had finished.

The good and bad part of having the new shiny dark wood flooring is it's ability to draw you to the dust and debris upon it. A drop of water can make a mark you can see when your eyes skim the floor from across the room. It certainly forces me to keep up with the swifter if nothing else.

The granite folks are coming by to install on Wednesday and the kitchen contractor returns on Thursday morning to hook up the sink, dishwasher, and continue with the other tasks.

I can't wait until I have a sink and dishwasher again. We gave up in paper plates as we ran out and just didn't have it in us to get more. So, washing the plates in the bathroom sink began. Not as easy as one may have thought it would be. Just a few more days of it left. . . we hope!

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many