Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wake up and smell the appliances?

I've spent last weekend cleaning, organizing, and clearing out the kitchen cabinets. We'll wrap that party tonight. Tomorrow is a big day. They take away my precious hateful appliances. I checked with the contractor on the time he would arrive. His response: between 7 and 8am.

While on the one hand I am thankful for getting it out of the way early, I am also not looking forward to jolting out of bed at 6am to frantically shove my A-1 sauce and frozen blueberries into a cooler before they take my fridge away.

I have the same feeling now as I did before I would run a road race. It's a combination of adrenaline, butterflies, and terror. You know it will be hard, hope it will be fun, and pray it will be rewarding.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many