Monday, July 27, 2009

Kitchen: Days 20-22

On Friday, I finally removed the plastic from the appliances. It was time. Though, I may have broken my big toe in the process. . . more on that later.

Saturday and Sunday I painted the crown molding and the shelves. I built the second china cabinet and even started filling the cabinets with all our stuff. I also got paint on the couch. Apparently I had a little dab of paint on my behind and then I sat on the couch. Google says paint thinner will remove it - I don't know if I believe Google on that.

I didn't get as much done as I wanted (what's new!) but I did use the stove this weekend for the first time (it ruled). As for the toe. . . I wasn't so concerned about it, but the husband was. Then, I did what everyone does and I Googled it (not a good idea) then called my mom (good idea). Both were also concerned. Now, I'm off to the doc. So, the least strenuous renovating activity may have induced the largest injury yet. Super.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many