Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kitchen: Days 24-26

Days 24 & 25:

Bupkis.

Day 26:

Today.

First, going to a concert on a weeknight when expecting a contractor at 7am is not a good idea. He (or she!) will ask you lots of hard (read: annoying) questions that will make you angry and growly.

I had no idea going over subway tile would be so intense. After about 45 minutes I think we had all the details worked out. 15 minutes into the seemingly nonsensical questioning my mind had almost exploded.

There is also a lighting incident going on. The back flood light is still on. So last night (after said concert) I opened the electrical panel and went for one of the kitchen switches . . . lucky 13. Presto - light went off. Aha! Now, I know where it is coming from. So, after a long and ear rattling discussion this morning, it was concluded the light must have been (before I changed the light fixture last summer) a motion detector light that was directly powered with no switch. Hopefully, they will put in a switch tomorrow and we'll get a functioning back light out of this whole deal!

Since the tile work is being done today, I should have some photos to share tomorrow!

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many