The good news was that all our deliveries were coming before noon, leaving the later half of the day for running errands. The bad news was they were starting at 8:30am, which meant I had to get up early. But, in doing so, I took a better picture of the floor:
I also worked on cleaning up the front yard and considering it took 3 hours, it was a good project to do while I waited. . . and waited.
The cabinets arrived first (this only shows about 1/3 of the boxes):
Then, the appliances:
Having a fridge again has taken a little stress off since I don't have to head to the store everyday for groceries and ice. The new floors made the delivery a little anxiety provoking though as I waited for one false move and a huge scratch to ruin my week.
After all the deliveries we headed out to Lowes to buy the tiles, crown moulding, shelving materials, and some electrical fixtures. By the time we came back to the house and settled in I was exhausted.
Sunday I had a lot to accomplish so I headed out for Home Depot at 8am to pick up some mulch, flowers, paint, and a miter saw to finish the baseboards. Dan mowed the yard and we cleaned up the deck and patio which had been covered in saw dust from all the demo and floor work. We finally moved some furniture back into the living room which made it seem a little more "normal" on the first floor again.
After a few more errands, the weekend was over. . .and Monday was upon us. The cabinet guys were coming and the real work was to begin.