Thursday, April 17, 2008

But, but, but . . .

After settling some of the house back in order (and scratching the new floor in the process - BOO!), I hunkered down on the couch to watch 'Dan in Real Life' that I just got in from Netflix. After about 15 minutes of boringness, the DVD player paused. . .and remained there. No button pushing could stop this. I ejected, replaced, it no longer read the DVD. I tried a new one. . . no dice. OK, well, that's broken. I headed up to bed that night to set up my alarm clock (which the floor guys had been using as a radio all week (read: uncovered). Everything was hunky-dory until I tried to set the hour portion of the clock/alarm. Nothing. Nada. Bupkus. I don't think this is a coincidence.

Well, at least I can rely on nature. The sun rises (directly in my eye) at around 7am thanks to the fact we don't have any window coverings in the bedroom right now. I will remedy this soon - for now, I rely on it. Hello Mr. Sun! Please, please don't make me go to work today. Oh, I have to so I can pay for someone to come in and fix ::ruin:: my house? OK.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many