Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Good News & Bad News

Well, the good news it that it seems they made a lot of progress in one day. Most of the wood is laid out upstairs, and only 3 stairs left to be done. They also diligently covered all our furniture downstairs with plastic - even though it was behind the plastic curtain.

Now, for the bad news. Thank god they covered the furniture because it looks like the house was hit by a dust storm. Everything is covered. Also, someone ate one of my yogurts and they were definitely watching TV. I mean, at least change the channel back to what I was watching and be perceptive enough to turn the TV off the same way you turned it on. At least try to make it look like you weren't watching TV. I mean, hey, watch all the Judge Joe Brown you want (which is what was on when I came home), but just don't mess with my DVR recordings.

In the meantime, I am scheduling repairs for the fireplace and front door, booking the painters, and working out a contract to overhaul the backyard. The plan is to get all this done by memorial day, then maybe have a party. I didn't plan to do the backyard yet - but we have to get the back patio fixed, and since we are doing that we might as well do the fence. . .and it snowballed. So, several thousand later - we should have a yard fit for a good BBQ. I think after that we will hold off on the work until September and use the summer time for planning out the kitchen and the downstairs work. The perhaps by next spring, we will be all done. I hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is rude, isn't it? When I have contractors over for a day of work when I'm not going to be there, I leave them my radio and say "you're welcome to listen to the radio if you want," and that sort of implies that there's an appropriate level of entertainment to be consumed while working on my house. Of course... I don't have a TV...

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many