Thursday, April 3, 2008

Frick!

My head is about to explode. Between sorting out estimates and budgets, using my poor Spanish skills to communicate, making 192 decisions a day, sleep deprivation, and trying coordinating when the specific work crews are coming in for what project. . . I'm on my way to a system meltdown.

Last night, I stayed up til 10pm waiting for this young lady to come by and pick up my futon. She was suppose to be there between 8 and 9, but hey, she brought me money and took away a futon I no longer needed. It was good. Her and her friends piled into my house and oohed and aahed over the futon. Then they oohed and ahhed over the house. Then I heard one of them say "yeah, this is a grown-up house". This was one of several references to how young they were and how "mature" we were. It was not fun. At best, I am 6 years older than them. That is the maximum. But there is clearly some sort of great divide between us. Maybe it was that they consider 10pm still an appropriate hour to move furniture while I consider it an appropriate house to start putting on my pajamas.

After they left I went up to bed and reviewed some paint samples. Frick.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many