Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Price is Right

I love Potterybarn. Maybe too much. In thinking about renovations they are my go to place for most items. But, frankly, I would like to buy then at 50% off. So, often I look elsewhere for ideas (knockoffs).

The hardest renovation/decorating plan I am currently having is how to set up the living room so I can have a place for the TV and some storage for books around it. Since the house is also pretty compact I cannot fit a 120" wide entertainment center in there. Then, I saw this:



It's the Farmhouse Media Stand and it runs about $2500. Yikes. However, in my travels at overstock.com I found this:


This is the Sevilla Six-Drawer Entertainment Unit and it runs $899. Great! I started looking at the dimensions and then checking the dimensions of my TV to see if I could squeak it into the space. My TV is 40.2 inches wide. The space in this media unit is 40 inches wide. Panic set in. IT HAS TO FIT!! Must. Have. This. Thankfully there is a helpful chat window on overstock.com that allows you to receive assistance. I frantically asked them if maybe they forgot to add the extra part of the measurement that was, I don't know, .5 inches more than 40 inches wide. They checked. No dice. It was 40 inches. So, unless I want to start shaving off parts of my TV it looks like I will have to start my search again.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many