Wednesday, June 25, 2008

back to the situation at hand

The last thing we need to do in the yard is knock down the last remaining brick wall and then the crew can come in for the patio/fence/stairs work. When it comes down to the renovations we have done I can't help but be overwhelmed by all the choices. This one proves no different. While I decided on flagstone for the patio, I had to choose the design I wanted. Done. Now we have moved onto the fence, which I have now chosen:This image is of a stained fence, ours will be regular cedar or pressure treated wood. My original goal was to get all the yard work done by July 15th. Not so much. I think we are looking at August 15th now.

2 comments:

Corey said...

Cedar is more expensive and more maintenance, but it looks nice!

Benny said...

Yeah, I am leaning towards the pressure treated. Especially since I can only access one side of the fence.

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many