Friday, June 6, 2008

I'm a skinny fat

Last night I decided that I had to get to work on whittling down the brick pile. I began tossing the bricks and concrete to the end of the yard and then throwing them into the dumpster. I am sure my neighbors were psyched by the noise I was making. Essentially, it was like completing in a shot-put competition. Since it has been raining the last couple nights, this was really the first night I could do some work at a decent time. I told myself I would at least work for an hour. Well, after 20 minutes my heart was racing so hard it reminded me of the time at the gym (which was a long time ago) the elliptical machine shut off because my heart rate was too high. I had to take a break. It was seriously depressing. If you saw me you would say "she probably is in OK shape". Not true! I am in dire need of a personal trainer to bark at me as I run around the park. Apparently people like me are called "Skinny Fats".

45 minutes later and I think I depleted the pile of rock by about 10% and depleted my energy about 95%. I was actually nauseous. Alright, pity party over now.

This weekend we are having a heat wave. Yiipppeeee!! I can't wait to work in that type of heat! This also limits the work days from 9am to about noon since that is when the yard fills with sun. I think this project is going to take a month . . . I should have just paid someone else to do it. Let this be a lesson to anyone attempting something similar.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many