Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We mean business!

Our dumpster arrived exactly on time with the most courtliest driver. He also parked the large metal tub with extreme precision. Dan and I stood in amazement as he practically parallel parked the steel beast in one corner or our parking area. The price was also fantastic and he stayed and showed us everything we had to do and more importantly . . . what NOT to do. I guess there is a big problem with people chucking stuff into your dumpster, so they suggested tarping it. He explained that people see the dumpster and say, "Thank you Jesus, now I can clean out my attic!". Since we can only put brick and concrete in our yellow savior, that would mean we would have to climb in (a no-no in the dumpster world) and pull out all that stuff. We tarped it right away.

I also have someone who is taking some of the brick away and using it for an art project, and another who is re-using it for a patio/walkway area. People love free stuff. Which is fine with me, because it gets recycled and we don't have to pay for someone to take it. I love Craigslist.

3 comments:

Bruce said...

Just wanted to let you know that you were quoted in the express blog log today if you haven't already seen it.

Benny said...

Thanks for the heads up Bruce!

Benny said...

I found it! So exciting!

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many