Monday, June 9, 2008

It's getting hot in here. . .

Nature is cruel! This weekend (ie: full days I can work on the house) was filled with sunny blistering hot days which broke records and made us break out in a sweat. Not the days you want to be hauling bricks. But, we did some work and made a noticeable dent in the pile on Saturday. I did not go out of the house on Sunday, instead I finally organized our bedroom (um, yeah, it took 5 hours). Dan worked outside for an hour and a half and got a bunch more of the brick moved into the dumpsters.

So, you know how I like to break stuff right? Well, the building behind my office is being demolished, like the whole thing. My office window is about 20 feet from the building and I have the best view of the cranes, the smashing, and the O.M.F.G.-that-is-a-mini-bulldozer. I spent about 20 minutes one day watching them remove the outside wall. It was magical. Then, I had to stop because I noticed that they were watching me. I waved and put my Gizmo figurine in my window to watch them instead. Oh, yeah, I have an originally Gizmo and you are so jealous.

Also, I totally painted part of the fireplace with the wrong paint and now I have to get some more and do it again. Bummer. But, I can't really do anything until the heat wave is over (Wednesday!) so I will be taking it easy until then.

No comments:

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many