Thursday, June 19, 2008

Taxman

After we bought the house we noticed the assessed value was far over what we paid and thought it was a good time to appeal it and save some dough on taxes. A couple weeks ago we received a letter from the city in the mail. I didn't open it. Why? Well, it seems they have recently set up a sneaky camera in our area to "catch" speeders. Then, the send you a photo of your car and the alleged violation. I "may" have received one or . . .two of those in the same month. Anyway, once I finally opened the dreaded letter, I was pleasantly surprised to see our appeal had gone through and our assessed value was lowered. I called the appraiser this morning all giddy to hear her tell us how much we would be saving. I was thinking to myself of the glorious items I could buy with our big fat savings. Hammock, check. New dinnerware, yup. Furniture, right-o. She was as pleasant as can be (not what you would expect, right?) and explained to me how this would actually not be effecting my taxes for the 2009 year. Huh? Anyway, it was all confusing and I had that thing happen again when I just hear a buzzing and then I hung up. Still poor.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Too bad! Ah well, you can look forward to it in the future.

Injuries Obtained

  • Sprained Toe/Foot: 1
  • Blood Blisters: 2
  • Splinters under fingernail: 1
  • Bird Shit on me: 1
  • Eye Injuries: 3
  • Burns: 0
  • Falls off ladder: 0 (this is because we don't have a ladder yet)
  • Headaches: too many to itemize
  • Broken Bones: 0
  • Bandages Needed: 5
  • Electric Shocks: 2
  • Stiches: 0
  • Bruises: way too many